Previously Hotmail, Live, Windows Live and MSN
In the new outlook.com, you must click the Wait it's safe link if you find emails incorrectly identified as spam. Entering the email contact in the address book or contacts no longer whitelists the sender. To ensure messages from specific email addresses are not sent to your Junk Email folder, you can do one of two things.
Check the Junk folder. If you see the contacts email:
- Open the email from that contact.
- Click the Wait it's safe link.
- Mark Sender as Wait it's safe.
Manually Add to Safe List:
- Click gear the icon on the top right.
- Select Options in the drop-down list.
- On the Options page under Preventing junk email click Safe and Blocked Senders.
- Click the link Safe Senders on the next page.
- Enter the email address of the contact in the text box.
- Click Add to List.
- The contact will now be added to your list of Safe Senders.
Emails added to your Safe Senders will not be delivered by mistake to your Junk folder.
If you are not receiving email at EarthLink, there are different actions you can take.
Check Suspect Email folder:
- Add the contact to your address book.
- With EarthLink, if you have SpamBlocker turned on, suspect messages are automatically sent to your Suspect Email folder if the domain is not in your address book.
Suspect Email Folder:
- While in the Suspect Email folder, if you see the contact.
- Select the Move to Inbox and Add Contact option from the drop-down menu.
- This will add the contact to your Address Book for future email delivery.
Address Book Inclusion:
- Open the email.
- Click Add to Address Book in the email header. Use the Address Book Editor to verify the sender's contact details and click Save.
- Fill in the email address of the contact.
Any mail sent with the same domain (i.e. @thunderstruckcanada.com) will be delivered to your Inbox.
Please open your Thunderbird email client.
- Visit your Junk folder.
- If there is an email from a contact that appears in your Junk folder that is a good contact, mark that message as Not Junk.
To ensure future delivery of email from that contact, add them to your Address Book:
- Click the Address Book button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the New Contact button.
- Under the Contact tab, copy and paste the "From" address of the contact into the email text box.
- Click OK.